Atlanta BAIL BOND TIPS

Finding a bail bondsman is pretty easy to do. There are so many companies and agents in the Atlanta metropolitan area that offer this service. You don’t really have to look very far. The competition is pretty stiff for these professionals though. Have you ever wondered what way of advertising is the best if you’re a bail bondsman? I mean, there are numerous ways to get your name out there. I’ve seen phone numbers posted in bars, restaurants, bus stops, matchbook covers, etc. It seems like most people in the industry will do whatever it takes just to get their name out there.

If you are looking to bail someone out of jail, then this person obviously needs money. So, that should be your first concern. However, I highly advise you to take into account the reputation of the Atlanta bail bondsman in question before you take on their services. I’ve heard horror stories of bondsman services that don’t follow through on their end very quickly. I mean, your friend is in jail and you have paid the 10% standard fee for the bail, but they don’t jump on it immediately. So, the first thing to be aware of when in this situation is the responsiveness of the agency.

Getting the Right Bail Bondsman in Atlanta

So, the first thing to be aware of when in this situation is the responsiveness of the agency.

Another thing to keep in mind is to what degree are they going to be handling your case. You see, the Atlanta bail bondsman vouches for you and puts up a security bond for a 10% fee from the defendant. If that person doesn’t show up to court, then the bonding agency is liable for the remaining 90%. This doesn’t get the person off the hook, though. They still will most likely have a warrant out for their arrest and will have to repeat the process. This is known as ‘skipping out on bail.’ Some bonding agencies can be very polite and walk you through the process. Some companies will not be pleasant at all and almost seem bossy throughout your communications.

Therefore, before just calling the first Atlanta bail bonding agency you find online or on the back of a book of matches, you should do just a little bit of digging beforehand. This will save you some grief down the road. If you are in a pinch and can’t find a licensed bonding agency for the person in jail, like in a very small town or something, then you’ll have to deal with what’s available. But if you have options, consider them.

Bail Bonding Done Right

One more thing to take note of is that a bail bondsman has to be licensed in the county where the accused is being held in jail. All of the bonding agencies in Atlanta, Georgiawill have more pull in one county than another. For instance, if you are in Cobb County in Georgia, a licensed bondsman in DeKalb County won’t do you any good. They have to be licensed in that exact county in which the person is being held.

Hopefully these helpful hints on bail bonds will do you some good in finding a suitable way to get a friend or loved one out of jail.

Home / Contact Us

© Copyright 2014 | Powered by Yola.com